You all that are regular visitors to the blog know about how I shouted about the wonders of Piggybank and how it helped me save 1 million Naira. Heck, I even got featured on Linda Ikeji.
If you have not seen the post, here it is.
That was almost 3 years ago and I am back with an update post on Piggybank now called Piggyvest. Apart from the name change, they have gotten a lot more popular, credible and they do a lot more than just a piggybank.
Here are some things you’ll want to know about the new Piggybank:
- PiggyBank is now called Piggyvest. Yea, I know.. Piggybank sounds a lot better than Piggyvest but who are we to complain. They had their reasons as explained in this blog post.
- They are no longer a small company. They got investors who have given them or at least pledged to give them more than 1 Million Dollars to help them grow their business
- They now help to do more than saving money. In fact, with Piggyvest you can now
- Save Money as usual.. They still have a way for you to quickly deposit money, withdraw the money at a particular date, AUto save weekly, etc..
- Invest money: This is their biggest value point now.. Instead of just dropping your money and forgetting about it, You can now save your money and make it work for you. As at August 2019, you can invest in Agriculture, Transportation, Real estate and fixed-income investments.
- You can do targeted savings for multiple reasons
- You can now get an account number so that other people can easily transfer money to you.
- You can subscribe for a health insurance plan
- You can also get piggy points for transactions made. (I don’t fully understand how this works yet sha.)
Phew!! That was a long list.
DO you use Piggyvest?
What’s your favourite feature on their platform
Let’s discuss in the comment section below.